How Do I Breathe With This CPAP Thingy? by CPAPClinic
CPAP (Continuos Positive Airway Pressure) therapy for the treatment of Obstructive Sleep Apnea can be a jarring new change for some people. We are here to assist you. And by doing so, we’re always seeking the best ways to “ease” into this specialized kind of sleep therapy.
Here is a desensitization technique described by Jack D. Edinger and Rodney A. Radtke in the Sleep Journal (Volume 16, issue 07).
Edinger and Radtke’s desensitization technique consists of the following five “steps”:
- Wearing the plastic mask at home while awake for 1 hour each day
- Attaching the mask to the CPAP system/apparatus, switching the unit to the “on” position and practicing breathing through the mask for 1 hour while watching television, reading or performing some other sedentary activity
- Using the system/apparatus during 1-hour, scheduled naps at home
- Utilize the system/apparatus during initial 3-4 hours of nocturnal sleep
- Practice the system/apparatus through an entire night’s sleep
When someone using PAP reported performing one step for five consecutive days without anxiety, that person was encouraged to move to the next, more difficult step.
Therapeutic guidance was provided during five outpatient visits scheduled across a 3-month period.
Talk to your doctor about this and try it (we do offer to try before you buy options). You will sleep better and will wake up with more energy. Your health risks will also go down with the use of CPAP.
Call 1.877.430.2727 for help.
Written and Edited by Bill Bistak B Sc.,SEO/SEM Spc, CRT
CPAP Clinic – hеаlthсаrе аt уоur hоmе
We ѕеrvе Grеаtеr Tоrоntо Area іn Cаnаdа.
Cоntасt: 1-877-430-CPAP(2727) or іnfо@CPAPClіnіс.са
Looking tо rent CPAP іn Tоrоntо? Thеn vіѕіt CPAPClіnіс.са аnd сhооѕе from a wide rаngе of nаѕаl masks іn Tоrоntо today!