From Sleep Study to PAP device, Step Two
So, your doctor recommended a Sleep Study for you and you had one done.
And now your Sleep Doctor gave you a prescription to obtain a medical device called PAP.
What you will learn in today’s post:
- Three common types of PAP units and what each prescription looks like.
- The common PAP machines, what they are called and what they do
- What guides to use to choose your PAP device.
- How to quickly order a complete PAP system.
There are three common types of PAP devices:
- Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (uses a single speed of blowing air into you to keep your airway open during sleep)
- APAP, Automatic Positive Airway Pressure (adjusts the blowing air speed for you as you sleep to keep your airway open.)
- BiPAP, Bilevel Positive Airway Pressure (Delivers a programmed inhalation air speed and a separate exhalation air speed. Programmable to breathe for you)
NOTE: The numbers below may not reflect the settings you require. The numbers below are examples only.
What A CPAP Prescription Might Say:
What An APAP Prescription Might Say:
Auto 5 – 16cmH20
What A BiPAP Prescription Might Say:
Here’s what to do:
- Take the prescription to shop for your PAP device to a vendor near you. If you are in the Greater Toronto Area, please consider us:
6200 Dixie Rd, unit 102, Mississauga 644 Millway Ave, unit 4, Vaughan
- Call 1.877.430.2727 to order your device online at your convenience. We can also assist you with Trying a CPAP and a PAP mask before you buy to make sure it all works and is comfortable.
In a hurry?
In the next two posts, look for a comparison chart for PAP machines and another for PAP masks.
Call 1.877.430.2727 for help.
Written and Edited by Bill Bistak B Sc.,SEO/SEM Spc, CRT
CPAP Clinic – hеаlthсаrе аt уоur hоmе
We ѕеrvе Grеаtеr Tоrоntо Area іn Cаnаdа.
Cоntасt: 1-877-430-CPAP(2727) or іnfо@CPAPClіnіс.са
Looking tо rent CPAP іn Tоrоntо? Thеn vіѕіt CPAPClіnіс.са аnd сhооѕе from a wide rаngе of CPAP nаѕаl masks in Tоrоntо аnd CPAP nаѕаl ріllоwѕ іn Tоrоntо today!