Why you shouldn’t listen to this Sleep Apnea Expert ~ completely
There are many experts in the Sleep Apnea world, including the one featured in the above video. For the first minute, he is explaining accurate Sleep Apnea realities.
However, he gets into an explanation of how the tongue is the only reason for Sleep Apnea.
Let`s understand the tongue is only one part of a host of reasons for the presence of Sleep Apnea. However, he goes on to say a dental appliance is 100% necessary to “cure” Sleep Apnea by lifting the tongue. This is not only interesting, it makes our faces cringe a little because he is offering only one answer among many possibilities.
Let’s understand his postulation a little more and offer a wider understanding. He may have grounds to proclaim a cure for a falling tongue (thus causing Sleep Apnea) from his own studies of one or more groups under his care. However, it should be said the tongue is not the singular reason for Sleep Apnea for everyone else not under his care.
Nor is his much-touted mouth-piece the only solution to Sleep Apnea.
There is a suggested sequence for the Sleep Apnea sufferer to follow.
Here are the recommended steps to take if you suspect you have Sleep Apnea:
- Visit your general practitioner for an initial assessment. Obtain a referral to a sleep clinic .
- At the Sleep Clinic, you will be tested and possibly diagnosed, telling you what you are dealing with.
- Once someone knows what they have, such as Sleep Apnea, they have the option (via a Sleep Doctor recommendation) to see an ENT specialist and find out why they have Sleep Apnea. An inner examination of the oral, nasal and throat cavities by an Eye, Ears, Throat, Nose (ENT) Doctor is the best evaluation to determine the cause for Sleep Apnea and create a list of the best treatment options.
- The lesson here is, each person with Sleep Apnea may have one or more causes and treatment options.
Learn more about various Sleep Apnea treatments within the general chart below.
If someone has researched the above options, they should always defer to
- their Sleep Doctor,
- the results of their sleep study
- and the results of an ENT test (if done)
…when developing their Sleep Apnea treatment plan.
Lastly, there isn’t a cure for Sleep Apnea yet, but there is help to guide you or someone you know through the process of treating it properly.
We are here to help you along the way.
Written and Edited by Bill Bistak B Sc.,SEO/SEM Spc, CRT
CPAP Clinic – hеаlthсаrе аt уоur hоmе
We ѕеrvе Grеаtеr Tоrоntо Area іn Cаnаdа.
Cоntасt: 1-877-430-CPAP(2727) or іnfо@CPAPClіnіс.са
Looking tо rent CPAP іn Tоrоntо? Thеn vіѕіt CPAPClіnіс.са аnd сhооѕе from a wide rаngе of CPAP nаѕаl masks in Tоrоntо аnd CPAP nаѕаl ріllоwѕ іn Tоrоntо today!