Sleep Apnea Facts that will astound you, Part One
Sleep apnea is a condition where one stops breathing during sleep. The duration of the stoppage can last up to one minute or longer. And it adds up even more over the course of an entire night, which is incredibly dangerous. How dangerous?
Let’s cover one related physiological link at a time to explain it.
The Cardiovascular System
The cardiovascular system and what happens when sleep apnea is present can be told with some statistics. And this data wasn’t compiled to scare anyone. This is what is known, to date.
- 7 million people in the United States, alone have heart failure.
- Approximately 76% of congestive heart failure patients have Sleep Disordered Breathing (SDB).
- Heart failure is the most expensive disorder to treat.
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea is noted in 49% of Atrial Fibrillation patients and 30% of cardiovascular patients.
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea presents in 70% of heart attack patients.
Clearly, the statistical picture looks grim. However, there are options to control Sleep Apnea and SDB.
This is the first installment of a four part series.
1.877.430.2727 to discuss what can be done to ease the effects of SDB.
(the above statistics are supported by a complete list of references at Resmed.com)
If this was helpful, please comment!
Call 1.877.430.2727 for help.
Written and Edited by Bill Bistak B Sc.,SEO/SEM Spc, CRT
CPAP Clinic – hеаlthсаrе аt уоur hоmе
We ѕеrvе Grеаtеr Tоrоntо Area іn Cаnаdа.
Cоntасt: 1-877-430-CPAP(2727) or іnfо@CPAPClіnіс.са
Looking tо rent CPAP іn Tоrоntо? Thеn vіѕіt CPAPClіnіс.са аnd сhооѕе from a wide rаngе of CPAP nаѕаl masks in Tоrоntо аnd CPAP nаѕаl ріllоwѕ іn Tоrоntо today!