Re-Published: December 28th, 2023
Like any other manufactured device, CPAP Masks and Machines can break down over time. For first-time users. this may discontinue the use of the machine within the first few weeks.
Not only does the sleep apnea remain untreated, but it may even worsen with time and increase their chances of heart attack or stroke. CPAP accessories and replacement parts in Ontario reduce your discomfort with the machine and help you sleep better with a continuous flow of clean air.
The maintenance of CPAP accessories and replacement parts is very important. In order to reap the full benefits of CPAP therapy, you must regularly clean the accessories and parts. Apart from extending the life of the machine, it will ensure that you are taking in clean air.
Keep the following pointers in mind for an effective CPAP system:
- Replace air tubes once a year. Apart from this, replace them as soon they are noticeably dirty or worn out.
- The success of the treatment depends on the sleep apnea mask. Ensure that your mask is comfortable and well-fitting to prevent any air leak or skin irritation and other complications. Ontario dealers hold many mask replacement parts for use in case of any breakdown or any other problem.
- CPAP filters are an essential component of the machine. The filters must be cleaned regularly and kept free of debris and even the minutest dust particle which may accumulate inside the machine and hinder the treatment. While disposable filters are to be replaced frequently, it is sufficient to wash non-disposable filters or pollen filters. There are various options offered by Respironics, Fisher & Paykel, and ResMed in filters, some of which are also compatible with all devices.
- Wash masks, nasal pillows daily or at least weekly to ensure that they remain free of dust and grime.
- All major brands offer various options in humidifiers. Humidifiers are devices that add moisture into the compressed air generated by the flow generator. Respironics also offers a sleep-easy replacement kit while Fisher & Paykel offers replacement chambers.
Do a thorough search in Ontario stores for better CPAP replacement parts. If your user manual explicitly requires you to use only their CPAP replacement parts, mention this to your Ontario dealer.